The sea bass and the peas in tajine blend perfectly and make this dish a light and easy recipe.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 onions
- 6 podsgarlic
- 6 strands of coriander
- 6 strands of parsley
- ½ candied lemon peel
- 1 lemon
- 400 g of peas shelled fresh (or frozen)
- 30g butter
- ½ tsp. cumin seeds
- 50 cl of water (or fish stock)
- 1 kg of sea bass fillets
- 3 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Sea bass tagine with peas
- Peel, wash and cut the onions into rings.
- Lightly crush the garlic in a shirt.
- Wash, remove the leaves and chop the cilantro and parsley.
- Cut the lemon peel into small pieces.
- Squeeze and collect the lemon juice.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil, immerse the peas for 3 minutes. Cool them immediately in ice water, then drain them.
In a skillet,
- Melt the butter, add the onion rings and cumin.
- Stir, pour in the water (or fish stock) and add the garlic cloves.
- Bring to a boil, cover and continue cooking over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Season the sea bass fillets on all sides. Add them to the content of the sauté pan, pour 1 tsp. tablespoons olive oil, sprinkle with cilantro and add the pieces of candied lemon.
- Cook 6 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the fillets with a skimmer, set them aside.
- Pour the lemon juice and the rest of the olive oil into the cooking juice obtained, add the peas, pepper and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the whole into a tagine, place the fish fillets on the
- on top, sprinkle with parsley.
- To serve !
To preserve the vivid colors of vegetables such as peas, boil them for a few minutes (the time varies depending on the vegetables) then immediately immerse them in a cold water bath containing ice cubes.
You can also add 1 teaspoon of cooking water. of baking soda which also tenderizes vegetables and shortens cooking time.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel